Virtual desktops for less
Businesses of all sizes are looking to leverage the benefits of desktop virtualization. But, simple IT organizations face tight resource and budget constraints. Citrix VDI‑in‑a‑Box addresses this need with a simple yet robust VDI solution designed to be setup and managed by desktop administrators.
VDI‑in‑a‑Box is an easy, affordable, all-in-one desktop virtualization solution that makes the benefits of desktop virtualization available to every business. VDI‑in‑a‑Box provides built-in high-availability and eliminates over 60 percent of traditional VDI infrastructure—including management servers and shared storage (SANs) – by creating a grid of off-the-shelf servers using local storage. The solution enables Windows® administrators to rapidly deliver centrally-managed virtual desktops to any user, on any device with the same rich high-definition end-user experience as our enterprise class XenDesktop —all for less than the cost of PCs. With VDI‑in‑a‑Box, you can give your workers the freedom to work from anywhere while instantly lowering costs and improving security.
Empower desktop IT
- Reduce your PC-refresh budget by deploying virtual desktops instead of more expensive PC replacements—helping you save 60 percent in VDI infrastructure.
- Eliminate IT dependencies with an intuitive management console that empowers Windows admins to handle virtualization details so you don’t need storage specialists, network administrators, or virtualization experts.
- Cut desktop costs by centrally consolidating patching and management. Reduce ongoing PC replacement costs by lengthening the time between PC refresh cycles. Minimize infrastructure investment by scaling incrementally without needing to overprovision for key features like high availability.
Delight your users
- Work anywhere on any device using HDX-enabled Windows PCs, Macs, and smartphone and tablet platforms such as Apple, Android, HP and RIM using the Citrix Receiver.
- Provide personalized desktops customized to each user’s preferences and profile.
- Deliver a high-definition experience with performance and access fine-tuned to match the capabilities of each connection and computing device.
- Reduce downtime with the ability to manage service levels via policies and a central desktop that is always available, even if a user’s PC is not.